This casserole is so yummy and easy to make. Although, I’ll be the first to tell you that the picture doesn’t do it justice and, just by reading the recipe, it may not sound very appetizing. But trust me on this one, this casserole is out of this world.
Just a tip: if you’re not a fan of broccoli, cut them into very, very tiny pieces and they go almost unnoticed after being cooked into the casserole.
You will need:
- 2 cup cubed chicken
- 2 cup broccoli
- 1 box Rice-A-Roni, Broccoli Au Gratin flavor
- 1 can cream of chicken
- 1 1/2 cup crushed doritos
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp butter melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil chicken until no longer pink, about 15 minutes for chicken breasts.
- Prepare Rice-A-Roni according to box.
- Remove chicken and cube it then cut broccoli into bite size pieces.
- Put cheese, cream of chicken, cubed chicken, broccoli, mayonnaise, and rice in a large bowl and fold together. Salt and pepper to taste
- Grease a baking dish (9×9 or 9×13 will work), and place mixture inside. Then sprinkle crushed doritos on top. Pour melted butter over top of the doritos.
- Bake at 350 for 30 to 35 minutes. Doritos should be browned and sides should be bubbling when time is up. Let sit for 5 minutes.
I hope you all enjoy this recipe as much as I do (and trust me, you will).