I haven’t done recipes for many side dishes, so I will definitely start doing that (hehe). These potatoes are so, so good. Like, beyond words. They’re great for a snack or for a side dish. Either way, they will fly off the plate once they are cooked.
You Will Need:
- 6 slices of bacon
- 3 pounds red potatoes, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (divided)
- 1 tbsp. dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 2 tbsp. chopped chives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread bacon in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake until brown and crispy, about 12-14 minutes. Let cool before crumbling; set aside.
- Line a slow cooker with aluminum foil, leaving enough to overhang to wrap the potatoes on top, and coat with nonstick spray. Place a layer of potatoes evenly into the slow cooker. Top with cheese, Ranch Seasoning and bacon, repeating 2 more times and reserving 1/2 cup cheese.
- Cover potatoes with aluminum foil and cook on low heat for 7-8 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Cover and cook until melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Garnish with chives. Serve immediately.