I can’t lie, shredding chicken is one of my least favorite things to do. I’m always trying to find shortcuts to do things and I came across a video on Facebook of a girl shredding chicken with a hand mixer. What? Yep. You read that right: a hand mixer. This is so much easier than tearing it apart with a fork or your hands. Do be aware, though, this only works with chicken breasts! With chicken on the bone, I suppose you’ll just have to stick to the old fashion way.
- Place chicken in a saucepan and fill with water just until chicken is covered.
- Boil until chicken is no longer pink.
- Remove chicken from the saucepan and drain. Place into a bowl.
- Grab your hand mixer and, on low setting, begin to shred chicken.
- Store chicken in the refrigerator or use in casseroles, tacos, pastas, or anything your heart desires!
Here are 24 ways to use shredded chicken.
And here is a video showing how to shred chicken with a hand mixer.