I am all about posting cheesy recipes. I can’t help it. I’m an American. I was born with cheese in my blood. Or… maybe that’s the Alabamian in me. Who knows. Anyways, this Alfredo is ridiculously easy, cheesy, and great for a quick weeknight meal.
You Will Need:
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tbs. flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 tbs. butter
- 3 tbs. minced garlic
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella cheese or 3 cheese blend
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
- Parsley to garnish
- Using a hand mixer or blender, mix together the milk, cream cheese, flour, and salt until smooth, set aside
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add garlic. Satue garlic for about a minute, then add in peeled and deveined shrimp
- Cook 3-5 minutes, until pink, and just barely cooked through
- Remove shrimp from pan, leave garlic and butter drippings in saucepan
- Add milk mixture to the pan, and stir for 4 minutes on medium heat. Bring to a simmer, and keep stirring for about 6 more minutes until is starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat, add grated cheese and Parmesan
- Cover, let stand for about 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp into sauce and let stand another 5 minutes
- Serve over noodles of choice. (1 lb package is sufficient)
- Garnish with some dried parsley