I don’t post desserts enough.
Monkey bread is a favorite of mine. This is easy and looks (decently) pretty after it’s made. I’d say it makes for a good dessert or even a good breakfast/brunch food. Personally, I’d eat it no matter what time of day it is… but not everyone operates the way I do (hehe).
You Will Need:
- 2 16 oz containers of biscuit dough (16 big biscuits total)
- 8-12 oz Cream Cheese
- Chocolate Chips (we used dark chocolate)
- 1 cup White Sugar
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (175˚C)
- Cut biscuits in half and cube the cream cheese (32 pieces). Flatten each biscuit and place one cube of cream cheese and a few chocolate chips in the center of each. Fold the biscuit dough around the cream cheese and chocolate and form into a ball.
- In a 1 gallon plastic bag combine 1 cup of white sugar and 2 tsp of cinnamon. Add 6-8 dough balls to the bag, seal the bag, and shake until well coated. Repeat for the remainder of the stuffed dough pieces.
- In a microwave safe bowl add 1 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup butter. Microwave on high for 70 seconds – stopping halfway to stir. Remove from microwave and stir until it reaches a caramel consistency.
- To a greased Bundt pan sprinkle half of the walnuts, half the dough pieces, and drizzle half the caramel glaze. Repeat with remaining walnuts, dough, and glaze.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Remove from oven and turn upside down onto a plate to cool for 10 minutes before lifting off the pan (this way the warm glaze runs back through and fully coats all the bread)
- Lift off the bundt pan, pull apart, and enjoy.