Say that three times fast.
No, but really. I haven’t posted a recipe in awhile and for that I am sorry. However, I came across this on the wonderful book of faces (Facebook) and had to share it with you all. As mentioned previously, Italian food really is my crutch. But can you really blame me?
You Will Need:
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 3-4 sticks of mozzarella string cheese cut into 3/4 inch thick slices
- In a large mixing bowl, combine beef, sausage, garlic powder, salt, pepper, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, eggs, milk, and parsley.
- Roll golf ball sized balls with the meat mixture. Squish mozzarella cube into the center and pull the edges of the meat ball around it until it’s a new ball again.
- Arrange meatballs in slow cooker and cover in tomato sauce.
- Cook on high for 2 to 2.5 hours.
** For those nights when you don’t have two hours to get dinner on the table… follow directions to make the meatballs, but instead of placing in the slow cooker, place meatballs 1 inch apart on a greased baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes until browned and cheese is melty.