I’m a sucker for apple pie. What can I say? I was raised in the south. However, it’s not always practical to cook an entire apple pie. These cute and easy little apple pie turnovers are the answer to all of your problems. They are great to throw together for a gathering or to bake for yourself (I’m not judging). Besides, anything made with a crescent roll is bound to taste good. 🙂
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp apple pie spice, and additional apple pie spice to sprinkle on top of crescent rolls (about 1/4 tsp)
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 apple, cored and sliced into 8 sliced
- 1 (8 oz) can crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Toss apple slices in melted butter, set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Roll crescent dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.