A coworker of mine recently brought these mysterious cookies to work and let me try one. They were the kind of cookies that sit on your taste buds and leave you begging for more. You know… the ones that you can sit and eat an entire batch in one sitting? Yep. Those kind.
These cookies are light, sugary, with a little but of pecan to match the vanilla. I honestly can’t put into words how good these taste and how easy they are to make (weird to say that, since I’m a blogger).
You Will Need:
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar (plus a little more for coating the cookies)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 270 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer at low speed, cream the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla. At low speed gradually add the flour. Mix in the pecans.
- Take out about 1-tablespoon of dough and shape it into ball. Place the cookies 1-inch apart on the prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Dust with additional confectioners’ sugar while still warm. Cool completely on wire racks and store in airtight containers.